Join us as we kick off our new slate of classes at Community Dance Day!
From Capoeira for Cumbe Kidz to Dancehall and Rumba for adults, come get a taste of what Cumbe has to offer with $5 classes all day at RestorationART. Check out our full schedule below:
- African Cardio Fitness with Johari Mayfield 9:30am-10:15am
- Playtime with Mrs. Red Fox with Johari Mayfield 10:30am-11:00am
- Journey through the Diaspora with Goussey Célestin 11:15am-11:45am
- SOCA N’ WET with Bajanalla Cann 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Sabar/Kutiro with Ousmane Sall 1:15pm-2:15pm
- Afro Haitian with Julio Jean 2:30pm-3:30pm
- Chicago Style Steppin’ with New York Chicago Style Steppers 3:45pm-4:45pm
- Dancehall with Yaminah Legohn 5:00pm-6:00pm
Register online here or pay cash @ the door.
Throughout Community Dance Day, join us in Studio 2 for the Cumbe Salon where we’ll have guided questions (& chocolate) to hear what you’re thinking in support of our work in the Race Forward Arts Lab.