Director of Administration and Operations – Position Announcement
Cumbe is a home for African and Diaspora dance and music. Through classes and cultural programs, we invite everyone to immerse themselves in the joy and vitality of rhythms from Africa, the Caribbean and the Americas. Cumbe champions African and Diaspora culture as a vibrant legacy for people of African descent and as an exuberant source of power, spirit and knowledge for all.
Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as an integral member of the management team, the Director of Administration and Operations (DAO) will be responsible for the smooth operation of Cumbe’s programs and administrative functions. This includes the following key areas: program operations; customer service; administrative and financial systems; office management; and human resources. We are looking for a team player who will manage Cumbe’s operations and administrative functions with enthusiasm and an understanding of how crucial smoothly-run operations and administration are to Cumbe’s success. The DAO is a permanent, part-time position.
- Manage program and studio operations and procedures
- Maintain Cumbe’s registration system (MINDBODY)
- Monitor class attendance, registration and enrollment
- Implement teacher agreements and incentive programs
- Provide oversight and resolution of issues related to program operations (e.g., issues with facilities, class cancellations, teacher substitutes, etc.)
- Maintain a welcoming and pleasant environment for students and other customers
- Ensure the highest quality of customer service and, in conjunction with the senior management team, highest quality of customer experience
- Hire, train and manage front staff
- Manage front desk schedule coverage
- Manage front desk procedures (registration, sales, instructor details, etc.)
- Manage work study program
- Provide oversight and resolution of participant issues
Administrative and Financial Systems
- Manage agreements and contracts with vendors and service providers
- Manage business insurance coverage
- Organize and oversee teacher and vendor payments
- Oversee bookkeeping and financial administration, including all aspects of Cumbe’s accounts payable and accounts receivable procedures
- Assist the Executive Director with budgeting and management reporting
- Supervise Operations and Finance Associate
- Provide ongoing management of the office
- Maintain office supplies and inventory
- Maintenance of all office furniture and equipment
- Manage computers and information technology systems
Human Resources Administration
- Work with the Executive Director to implement the annual review process
- Manage health insurance coverage
- Establish professional development policies and incentives
- Systematize human resources policies, including policies on personal days, sick days, employee health care insurance, background checks, etc.
- Assist in the welcoming process for new hires, including email setup, computers, etc.
- Experience in at least three key aspects of this position: managing program operations, administrative and financial systems, customer service operations, office management and human resources. Strong interest in developing proficiency in the other aspects.
- Experience with staff management and supervision
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and MINDBODY (online registration software) a plus
- Knowledge of dance studio operations a plus
- Enthusiasm for details, logistics, procedures, providing service and staff well-being
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and project management experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Appreciation of African and African diasporic culture and a strong belief in racial justice
This is a part-time position (30 hours per week) with options for remote and off-site work days. Annual salary is compensation rate is $31,000 to $35,000,, depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits include vacation, schedule flexibility, and discounts on Cumbe dance classes.
Please send resume and cover letter email@example.com by July 26, 2019. Include ‘Director of Administration and Operations’ in the subject line. Expected start date: by August 12, 2019 or soon after; earlier is possible as well.